4. Honour Indigenous Governance
To improve planetary health, power structures must be realigned.
Honour Canada’s Commitments
- Accelerate the implementation of the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
- Pass legislation ensuring that Canadian laws are in harmony with our endorsement of the United
- Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Enhance the Justice of Systems
- Accelerate mandatory cultural safety training within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Redistribute money from current prison-based systems to restorative justice and land-based healing initiatives.
- Appoint Indigenous judges at all levels in the court system.